Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Coconut Sauteed Shrimp with Cauliflower Faux Grits

Ok, so I begged my husband to let us purchase a Vitamix. Like, full on begged him. But he was hesitant because he was afraid it would end up like my juicer. Dusty and unused. Like my Nutribullet, taking up space. But I knew my Vitamix would be so much more than a BLENDER! I promised I would use it every day! And so far, I pretty much have. I am SMITTEN! Last night I made Cauliflower pretend Grits. OhEmGee. It was so good. I would say, a very close second to shrimp and grits, but ZERO guilt! 

Ingredients:
1 lb of shrimp, tail off, deveined
1 teaspoon of coconut oil 
1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 yellow onion. sliced
1 container of baby portabello mushrooms sliced
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 lemon juiced (or lime would work too!)
1 cup of unsweetened canned coconut milk. 
1 head of Cauliflower, chopped
3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
Pink Himalayan salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
Cilantro for garnish (optional)

Heat a large sautee pan over medium heat, add coconut oil and veggies (mushrooms, peppers and onions). Cook until soft, about 7-10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic and onion powder. Remove from pan. Add coconut milk, garlic and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low/medium. Add shrimp. Cook until they are just pink. Remove from pan, but leave milk/sauce. Cook to thicken it. Then add back in veggies and shrimp, stir. 

Meanwhile, microwave or boil a head of cauliflower that is chopped. Add to a blender or food processor, along with some minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and if you are in maintenance mode or you are living on the edge, a small pat of butter. Less than a tablespoon is all you need. Blend until SUPER smooth! I used my Vitamix, at level 7 or 8, and blended it for over a minute. PERFECTION. 

If you are following the 21 day fix, add 1 green of cauliflower mixture, and 1 green of shrimp mixture, top with cilantro! This meal is so good, I would serve it to company, and I bet you they wouldn't even know it was healthy because it tastes so decadent! 

It counts as 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 blue, 1 tsp, ENJOY!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment