Monday, April 18, 2016

Spinach Salad with grilled pineapple and goat cheese



I know it's only spring, but it's getting warm out! My mouth is ready for SUMMER foods! If you are like me, then check this recipe out ASAP! Super simple too!

1 bag of prewashed baby spinach
1 pineapple cored and sliced up.
1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup of EVOO
1/4 cup of pineapple juice
juice of 1 lime
2 tsp of honey
salt and pepper

Slice up pineapple, brush with a small amount of EVOO. Place on medium hot grill, about 5 min. on each side. Remove from heat. I like to slice up my spinach so it's easier to eat. Slice it up, place on plate. Place goat cheese crumbles on top. Place some pineapple spears on top. Drizzle dressing. Would be good with some walnuts too, but I didn't have any! This will make about 3-4 salads.
 For the dressing you just mix the EVOO, pineapple juice, lime, honey and salt and pepper. It will save in fridge if you have any leftovers! If you are following the fix, technically the juice isn't approved, but it's such a small amount! This would be a purple, blue, orange, and a green!


No comments:

Post a Comment