Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Chicken Pad Thai with Zoodles

I love love love thai food, or I should say pad thai, because that's what I get every single time I go! Branching out is so over rated! This recipe is awesome! It's super flavorful! I made rice noodles for my kids, but my husband and I ate the zoodles and didn't miss the noodles one bit!

Ingredients:
3 zucchini, spiralized into zoodles
4 chicken breast, I like to cut up the raw chicken into chunks and then cook it
salt and pepper to taste
Oil for sauteeing chicken and veggies. I use coconut oil. You can use EVOO if you don't cook it too high.
1 red bell pepper sliced thin
carrot sticks, 1 small bag
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 bunch of green onions diced
3 eggs
1 tsp of ginger, freshly grated
2 cup of bean sprouts
Fresh cilantro and lime wedge for topping it, and unsalted peanuts chopped, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds optional.

For the sauce:
Fish sauce 2 tablespoons
1/3 cup of low sodium soy sauce
1 -2 tablespoons of honey
1/4 cup of rice vinegar
juice of 1 lime


Make the sauce, and put aside.
Spiralize the zuchini. I saute in a tiny bit of oil for no more than 2 minutes or they get soggy. Put aside. Some water will drain out, just get rid of water before serving.
Saute the chicken in some oil until cooked through. Salt and pepper. Remove from pan but leave oil in there.
Cook peppers and carrots, about 3-4 minutes. Add green onions, garlic and bean sprouts. Cook another minute. Push veggies to sides of pan, creating an empty circle in the middle. Break 3 eggs open in there, and scramble. Once cooked stir veggies into the eggs. Add chicken back. Add in zoodles and sauce and stir, turn heat off. Dish up plates, and top with cilantro, a squeeze of lime, peanuts and red pepper flakes if you want. Sesame seeds would be nice too, but I was all out!

ENJOY!

For my fixers out there: I measured out 1 1/2 green containers and counted it as 1 red, 1 green, 1/2 orange of chopped peanuts and 1 tsp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment