Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mexican stuffed peppers!


I heart emoticon stuffed peppers! I love them philly cheesesteak stuffed, quinoa and ground turkey, and now, Mexican stuffed!

I simply prepared lean ground beef like I normally would for tacos! I seasoned with some chili powder, salt pepper, onion and garlic powder. I added in a chopped onion. After it was all cooked, I added 1/2 can of black beans. Make sure they are low sodium! Chopped tomatoes would be good too, but I didn't have any! Then I sliced up some red and yellow peppers into quarters, loaded them up with the meat mixture, and sprinkled with cheese and slicked black olives. I baked at 350 for 25 minutes. Then I topped with plain greek yogurt, avocado slices, and chopped cilantro!

4 peppers are 1 red, 1 green, 1 orange, 1/2 blue (make sure you measure this out, you may want a whole blue!) and 1/2 yellow! I could only eat 2 peppers worth, so I counted it as half of all of those containers!

No comments:

Post a Comment