Friday, May 13, 2016

Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce

Oh my this meal was so delish, I could literally eat this once a week. And totally guilt free! I bought these rice papers at my local market, the small sized once. And they last forever! If you can't find them at your grocery store, try Amazon! I have gotten them there too! This makes 2 servings of spring rolls, and you will probably have leftover peanut sauce, so double the spring roll recipe if you would like to!

16 small rice papers
16 shrimp (I bought the medium sized frozen, but already cooked, de-veined and shelled, tail off, so all I had to do was run them under warm water!)
Carrots: match stick cut
2 avocados sliced
Mint and or cilantro washed and chopped
Romaine lettuce
1 english cucumber: julienne cut

Follow the directions on the rice paper, but basically you get a bowl of water and dip the paper, pull it out and fill it up with ingredients! I put the romaine down as a little bed, then the shrimp, avocado, carrots and cucumber, then add the herbs. Then you roll it like a little burrito. Bottom, then the two sides, all rolled up. Voila! I stacked mine in a tupperware with saran wrap in between layers to keep them from sticking.

For dipping sauce, a sweet chili or Sriacha sauce would be good. But we chose a peanut dipping sauce and it did not disappoint!

1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
1/4 cup of water
1/4 rice vinegar
1/4 low sodium soy sauce
1/2 grated ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1-2 tsps of honey
Mix in food processor until smooth!

For those following the 21 day fix: 8 rolls are 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red, 1 blue, 2 tsps. You can do less soy sauce, that isn't technically on the fix approved list. I tried to do more like 1/8 of a cup. SOO good y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment