Friday, August 21, 2015

Ginger Garlic Flank Steak with Shirataki Noodles

So this dish doesn't photograph particularly well, but it was DELISH!

Flank steak
Seasoning: garlic powder, onion powder, pink Himalayan salt, cumin.
1 yellow onion, diced
1 bulb of garlic, diced
1-2 teaspoon of fresh garlic minced
1 bag of broccoli slaw
1 bag of frozen edamame, shelled
2 bags of Shiraki noodles
low sodium soy sauce

I season the flank steak with seasonings mentioned above, and then drizzle a little soy sauce on it, making sure to season each side generously. Then I grill it for 4-5 minutes on each side, to desired doneness. I let it sit for about 10 minutes then I cut AGAINST the grain! This will make sure that your meat is nice and tender!

Meanwhile, I saute up some onion, garlic, and ginger in a little bit of EVOO on low heat. And I try desperately not to burn my garlic which I tend to do way more often than I like to admit!  After they are all nice and golden brown and softened up, I add a bag of frozen edamame, and a bag of brocolli slaw. I saute them until they are nice and soft. I rinse the shiratki noodles in hot water, no need to cook them. These are made from a root veggie and actually found in the produce section of the store, usually! I turn off the heat, and throw in the noodles and the steak... BOOM. Done.

I always like to say how I make a meal kid friendly. Most of my meals my kids will eat as is. I try and NOT make a habit of being a short order chef. But sometimes, it is unavoidable! My kids won't eat this dish, well at least 2 out of 3 of them. So I just whip up some brown rice, and serve it with the flank steak. I also put aside of the edamame, before throwing it all in the pan and cook that up and serve it along side the rice and steak!

Give it a try! Would also be good with Zoodles! Or brown rice, actually! The original recipe I pinned from pinterest called for Ramen noodles.... But I like these shiraki noodles much better, and they are sooo much healthier anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment