Friday, September 18, 2015

Zucchini Soup with Lump Crab



 
 
 


I am always trying to get more veggies in my diet. But without eating a big bowl of salad every single night. Don't get me wrong, I love salad. And I could probably eat it several times a week and never grow tired. But sometimes my mouth wants something creamy and delicious and have it NOT taste like... well, salad. This hit the spot, I literally licked the bowl clean. No one was looking. And I just didn't want the yumminess to be over. You will understand when you make this, so don't judge. :)
 
1/2 small onion, quartered
2 cloves of garlic
3 medium zucchini, skin on and cut in large chunks
32 oz reduced sodium organic chicken broth (veggie is great, too!)
2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt (or light sour cream if not following the 21 day fix)
Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste
Recommended add-ins:
fresh grated parmesan cheese or goat cheese(measure with your blue)
fresh herbs ( I used basil)
lemon!
Jumbo lump crab
olive oil

1. Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, or in batches in a regular blender.  Add the yogurt, and herbs (if using) and purée again until smooth.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
4.  Squeeze in some lemon and add crab, parmesan cheese or goat cheese and drizzle with a delicious olive oil.  Or eat it plain.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment